Update: Edit Suites are now available for use.
Upon entering the FMSA Area please use the hand sanitizer on the Cleaning Supplies Self.
We’ve modified the procedure for access to our Edit Suites. To minimize the many contact transactions that occur with key distribution, keys will be hung outside the FMSA Technician office for self-sign out.
You’ll need to create a booking using the online portal below, then stop by the FMSA Technician office and grab the key for your booked Edit Suite. Of course, this relies on self-management and an honour system, so please be on time with your bookings. If you have any issues creating a booking, please contact fmsatech[at]ecuad.ca.
- Create a booking using the procedure below.
- Visit the FMSA area key-shelf (located outside the Tech office) and collect your key.
- Return the key to the key-shelf when finished with your booking.
- Please use the 75% alcohol cleaner to disinfect your keyboard and mouse before and after your use (located on the Cleaning Supplies Shelf).
To book an individual FMSA Edit Suite:
- On the ECUAD Shops and Studios page click on the button.
- In the Choose a Location field select “Film and Screen Arts – Edit Suites”.
- In the Choose a Service select “3 Hour Work Session” .
- In the Choose Area (select below) select your desired Edit Suite.
- Select your desired date and select an available time slot.
- Click the BOOK NOW button.
- Enter your email.
- Click the COMPLETE BOOKING button.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
|Edit Room||Special Function||Room Number|
|Edit 1||Multi-Purpose Dubbing - Mac Mini (2018) 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD Storage.||D1321|
|Edit 2||Steenbeck / Optical Printer - This room houses a Steenbeck film editor and an optical printer.||D1323|
|Edit 3||Colour Mastering - Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 192GB RAM, 2TB Storage, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB. Colour correction monitor, DaVinci Resolve Studio, Pro Tools, Logic X, iZotope RX 6 Elements, Reaper.||D1331|
|Edit 4||Colour Mastering - Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 192GB RAM, 2TB Storage, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB. Colour correction monitor, DaVinci Resolve Studio, Pro Tools, Logic X, iZotope RX 6 Elements, Reaper||D1332|
|Edit 5||Audio / Video - Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 192GB RAM, 2TB Storage, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB. Pro Tools, iZotope RX 6 Elements, Reaper, proper mixing speakers.||D1333|
|Edit 6||Audio / Video - Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 192GB RAM, 2TB Storage, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB. Pro Tools, iZotope RX 6 Elements, Reaper, proper mixing speakers.||D1334|
|Edit 7||Surround Sound Mix - Mac Pro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 192GB RAM, 2TB Storage, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB. Pro Tools HD, Avid Omni Audio Interface, Logic X, iZotope RX Post Production Suite 3, Reaper, 88 note keyboard, 5.1 surround speakers.||D1337|
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 7 days in advance of your booking.
- Booking reservations are limited to 6 hrs per week, per Station, maximum.
- Booking reservations are limited to 14 days in advance.
- Unclaimed bookings expire after 15 mins and will be open to the next requestor.
- Existing fines may restrict booking privileges.
- Suites are cleaned and sanitized by schedule but cleaning keyboards and mice should be done yourselves before your use. Use of masks are recommended.
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer before entering the area.
Media Resources HoursMedia Resources houses all the Audio Visual materials for sign out to students and faculty. Bookings are to be made a minimum of 7 days in advance. Arriving ON TIME for your bookings and returns is essential. When planning your equipment usage, please refrain from pick-up or drop-off of large packages within an hour of opening and closing times. This allows the MR staff time to put together your order, and process returns before closing.
|Day||Time Open||Time Closed|
|Monday - Thursday||8:30am||4:30pm|
fmsa area MAp
Click here for a layout of the location of edit suites.
FMSA/nmsa Critique Room C1262
- 2 iMac Pro workstations
- 2 Steenbeck film editors
In addition to the regular school-wide software, these ten stations each have Pro Tools and MAX/MSP for experimenting with audio. Access requires current registration in a requisite FMSA/NMSA course.
The following studios are bookable by request only:
- D1320 Recording Studio – Control Room *
- D1322 Recording Studio – Live Room *
- D1375 Multi-Purpose Theatre
- D1390 Project Room
* Recording Studio access requires authorization.
Complete and submit the following form to make a booking request for one of the above rooms:
FMSA Production Studio D1387
The Production Studio is bookable by request only. Complete and submit this form to make a booking request for the Production Studio.
Note: a qualified lighting person who has passed the FMSA LIGHTING/SCAFFOLD SAFETY TEST is required to work on the lighting grid.